Photo Shoot Tips for Photos You Will Love
A few days ago, I put out a call on Facebook asking folks what they wanted to read about. I was told that I look fabulous in my photos and folks wanted to know how I get that confidence and pose in front of a camera. This post is all about that, feeling fulfilled and excited in front of the camera. These tips and suggestions are ones I tried myself and have worked quite well for me.
1. Wear something that feels fabulous on your body. A big no for me has always been photographers who would request I wore specific outfits or colors. I want to feel myself in front of the camera. Wear something that you feel looks great on you, wearing an outfit or even shows that you aren’t comfortable in will show in your photos. You won’t enjoy shooting.
2. Find a photography method that works for you. Do you prefer that the photographer assist you in posing, or who you rather do it yourself? I prefer that the photographer direct me. Worst case scenario there are a few photos that I won’t like. Usually I find new poses and angles of my body that I love.
3. Pamper yourself before your shoot. Do you wear makeup? Go get it done professionally. You will feel like a princess and your relaxation will show in your photos. I usually get my makeup done by Sephora. The one on one session includes skin care, makeup and fragrance. My photographers visibly are different when I feel relax and pampered verses when I rush and take little times to take care of myself.
4. Shoot in a location that you find beautiful. When I started shooting, I would shoot at Prospect Park. I loved that park and it made me so happy.
5. Experiment with different angles and poses. We all have that one default angle that we prefer for photographs. Change it up a little, turn a little to the side or take photos from the back. If you usually stand try sitting.
6. Take some shots that aren’t posed. If you are changing your hairstyle during the shoot, ask your photographer to shoot that. If you are bottoming up your shirt or reapplying your lipstick. Some of these photos will end up being your favorites because they are so real.
7. Couples’ photo-shoots – Try speaking gently to your partner while you are shooting. Speaking about random things, whispering how much you love them and how beautiful they look, will put you both at ease. That love will also radiate through the photos you take.
8. Sleep on it. Don’t dismiss photos until you have looked at them twice. There are lots of times when at first glance I hate ALL the photos from a shoot. Usually when I go back and look at them a second time I find ones to fall in love with.
9. Put your photos out there. Sometimes we won’t completely love any of the photos we get back. Put the photos out on your social media anyway. The feedback you receive from your followers, friends and family may have a positive effect on how you view the photos.
10. Try different photographers. If you don’t feel comfortable and relaxed with the photographer you choose you probably won’t like the photos that come out of a shoot. Sometime a little trial and error will help you find the photographer that best works with you.
Remember folks, every emotion you project comes across on your photos. You know what things you need to do to help you feel relaxed and beautiful. Do them. It will come through in your photos.
Follow me on IG @MechanicShopFemme for car tips and fashion photos.
Educate Yourself:How to Find a Mechanic Upcoming Workshop: People keep reaching out to me with the same question: How do I find a good mechanic? How do I choose one…
Educate Yourself: The Why’s and When’s of Car Maintenance Upcoming Workshop: Folks keep bringing up the same topic with me: maintenance. Have you ever looked at your car and thought,…
Dare to be Fancy: Plus Size Formal Dresses I use affiliate links in my posts, of course only recommending products and services that I 100% believe in. This allows me…