I tend to get asked a lot of the same questions over and over again, and by far, two of the ones that I hear most frequently are: “When do I need to do ____ to my car?” and “Why do I have to replace ____?” This class will answer all your questions about preventative car maintenance, empowering you as a more educated car owner to better protect your investment.
Saturday — 45 minutes:
- How do you know when to do maintenance?
- Which dash lights are maintenance-related?
- Oil changes – how often, what type of oil
- Coolant – why and how often
- Power steering fluid – why and how often
- Filter (Cabin and Air ) – What they do and when they need to be changed
Sunday — 45 minutes:
- Tires – how often to rotate, tire pressure,
- Alignments – What is it, how often, what are the benefits
- Air Conditioning recharges – What does this even do? How often?
- Drive Belts – what the belt does and how often should be changed
- Timing Belts – What this belt does, and how often it needs to be changed
- Five Websites every car owner should know, and use
A 15 minute Q & A will be held at the end of each class period.
What is the Cost?
Class is sliding scale from $49 to $119 payable via PayPal. This is an effort to accommodate a range of budgets and needs. For more information about the sliding scale model and suggestions for what you should pay, see the Frequently Asked Questions page.
I also have a scholarship fund for folks that can’t afford to take this class. Priority goes to people of color, trans people, and folks with disabilities. Apply for a scholarship here.
When and where will this class be held?
The class is held on Zoom from September 17th–18th. At 2:00 pm EST, I will go live and discuss and teach. You’ll be able to ask questions live. You’ll even be able to go back and re-watch the recorded class videos for 30 days. This is not a DIY course.