Every time I teach “The Why’s and When’s of Car Maintenance,” folks ask me to teach a class that digs deeper into slightly more complex topics. So finally, after three years of teaching, I’m offering this course which offers exactly that. But no worries if you haven’t taken any of my other classes! Like everything I teach, this will be offered in plain language — no mechanic speak — and it is accessible to everyone who wants to gain a more comprehensive view of preventative car maintenance.
Monday — 45 mins.
- Cleaning your Car, Inside and Out
- How often to clean your car?
- Does cleaning prevent rust?
- How to protect your car’s leather?
- How can you eliminate car odors?
- Brakes – Why? When?
- How does the brake system work?
- How often do brakes get changed?
- What brake noises should you be worried about?
- When do you need to change your brake fluid?
Tuesday — 45 mins.
- Transmission Fluid
- Should it even be changed?
- What’s the point, what does it do?
- What if my car has a non-serviceable transmission?
- Do I need to replace my transmission filter?
- Tire Repairs, should or shouldn’t you?
- The Truth About Fuel System Cleanings
- Do they actually do anything?
- Are they worth the money?
- What’s a Tune-Up
- How often do I actually need one?
- What parts are changed in a tune-up?
- When do I need a tow truck?
- What dash lights do I need to hurry up and get looked at?
What is the Cost?
Class is sliding scale from $69 to $159, payable via PayPal. This is an effort to accommodate a range of budgets and needs. For more information about the sliding scale model and suggestions for what you should pay, see the Frequently Asked Questions page.
I also have a scholarship fund for folks that can’t afford to take this class. Priority goes to people of color, trans people, and folks with disabilities. Apply for a scholarship here.
When and where will this class be held?
This class is held in a private Facebook group on January 23rd and 24th, 2023 at 9pm EST, I will go live and discuss and teach. You’ll be able to ask questions live. You’ll even be able to go back and re-watch the recorded class video for three months. Each lesson, including Q & A, will be ~ 60 minutes long.